Based in Fribourg, the smart living lab is an interdisciplinary and inter-institutional excellence center devoted to the built environment of the future. It brings together the expertise of the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, the School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg and the University of Fribourg. The center is hiring a manager for the integration of innovation in buildings.
As manager for the integration of innovation in buildings, you will have to integrate technologies, development ideas, and outputs of different research groups into the development, monitoring, and experimental use of the smart living lab's building. You will be leading a small team - the building2050 group - which provides support to research projects using the building of the smart living lab or other demonstrators as experimental devices.
- Follow-up the implementation of the smart living lab research results into the operational building project
- Develop a digital mock (BIM) as a research support platform, in collaboration with the smart living lab research groups
- Implement a performance evaluation system (conception, construction, and operation of the system) in collaboration with the smart living lab research group
- Manage and coordinate experimentations carried out on the smart living lab’s demonstrators
- Implement and follow-up procedures related to experimentations with human subjects
- Define and facilitate collaborative projects
- Manage budgets and cross-functional teams
Your profile :
- Knowledge of the building sector; expertise in sustainable construction will be appreciated
- Strong capabilities for integration and synthesis
- Experience with multiple stakeholders (companies, government, academic environnement, and civil society)
- Solution-oriented, with a strong interest for new approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Various activities in a stimulating, inter-disciplinary, international, and dynamic work environment
- A unique project, bringing together different research institutions
- Competitive salary
- EPFL is an equal opportunity employer and a family friendly university
Term of employment :
Please use the position title SLL/ Building manager/Family name, First name in the “object” field.
Applications not complying with these criteria will not be taken into account.