Building2050 organised a knowledge transfer workshop in Bucaramanga, Colombia, in October 2019 to share its expertise in the area of sustainable built environment. Experts from three research units of the Smart Living Lab took part in this workshop within the framework of the Colombia+Competitiva programme of the Swiss Embassy in Colombia, implemented by Swisscontact and innPulsa, with the support of the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO).
The main goal was to share the Smart Living Lab's experience in relation to:
1) Architectural design and integration of bioclimatic concepts
2) Life cycle analysis in the initial design phase
3) Monitoring, energy optimisation and carbon-based strategies
4) Circular economy and modularity
4) Water management in buildings
The inputs obtained during this workshop will allow the Colombian team to continue with the design of a full-size experimental prototype of a sustainable single-family home. In addition, the aim is to analyse and explore this single-family house prototype and extrapolate the lessons learnt from it to make recommendations for multi-family buildings.